If all we have to do is drink half our weight in ounces of water each day, why are most of us chronically dehydrated and strugglin' to chug down this miracle elixir?? Lack of thirst can make hydrating difficult when VATA dosha is in excess. This quick read gives some great advice around the topic from an Ayurvedic perspective and breaks down everything you need to know to get your hydration game ON POINT.
These ingredients bind to water molecules to make delivery into the body faster:
1. Add a teaspoon of unrefined mineral salt (not ordinary table salt but Celtic Sea Salt, Utah’s Redmond Real Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt) to every 32-ounce container of water.
2. Add a squeeze of lemon to your water.
3. Soak chia seeds for a few hours and add them to your water.
4. Add ginger slices to your water.
Daily Water Target
• Wake up: Drink two 8-ounce glasses of water (this will flush your body) • Breakfast: Sip water with breakfast as needed • Between breakfast and lunch: Drink at least 1 glass of water • 30-45 minutes before lunch: Drink 1 glass of water over 15 minutes • Lunch: Sip water with lunch as needed • Between lunch and dinner: Drink at least 1 glass of water • 30-45 minutes before dinner: Drink 1 glass of water over 15 minutes • Dinner: Sip water with dinner as needed • Between dinner and bedtime: Drink at least 1 glass of water (if you drink a lot of water too close to bedtime, you might wake up in the night to pee) • Sit down when you drink water. You eat sitting down to focus your body on digesting food. Give your body the same peace when you sip water.